Whether you receive a positive or negative review, it’s essential to respond to that review to show your customers and search engines your commitment to customer satisfaction.
According to Google My Business support page, businesses should “interact with customers by responding to reviews that they leave about your business. Responding to reviews shows that you value your customers and the feedback that they leave about your business.” This statement is then followed by “high-quality, positive reviews from your customers will improve your business’s visibility and increase the likelihood that a potential customer will visit your location.”
Not only does responding to reviews build trust with your customers, but it builds trust with the search engine itself. Google only wants to recommend the most credible businesses to their customers. What better credibility indicator than a business that goes above and beyond by publicly responding to complaints, as well as, thanking their praises. Google is encouraging companies to respond to reviews to improve their local SEO.
Here are the top five reasons why a business should reply to reviews
1. Reviews have a longer shelf life: ALL significant review sites monitor response rate. Reviews help potential customers find trust in your product. They give a business AUTHORITY & SOCIAL PROOF, which is essential in converting search leads.
2. Customer service strategy: Reviews reflect directly on your ability to handle customer service. When people see that a business takes time to respond to customers online, they feel that the company can be TRUSTED. Gaining customers trust is a crucial factor directly impacting the growth of the business.
3. You listen and care: Reviews are written by people who have experienced your service or used your product. They are your actual customer’s experiences, which help you reflect on your business practices. Our customers must feel like we listen to them and care to hear, by a simple reply to the reviews help customers gain confidence and see that the business is CONSISTENT with deliverables.
4. SEO: Reviews play an essential role in Search Engine Optimization; search algorithms are smart and capable in understanding complicated yet resourceful reviews. A business has to incorporate reviews if it wants to grow organically in search results.
5. Change The Perception Of Reviewer And Shopper when addressing a negative review: We can’t make everyone happy, no matter how much effort a business put towards customer service, they will have few negative reviews. It is essential that the company carefully understands the negative feedback left by an unhappy customer and explain their side of the story to help reduce the impact of a negative review. There are always two sides to a story, and why not use the platform to make it right.
I hope after reading this blog post about the importance of reviews, and why a business should reply, you are now ready to move forward. If you need help responding to reviews and keeping up with reputation management, please send us a message and our strategy team will help you handle your reputation online.